Author: Johnathan Iler
HITECH (Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health) requires providers who wish to pursue the incentive program to meet certain key standards. These standards are split into two categories: Core Objectives and Menu Set Objectives. ALL core objectives must be met by a provider. With menu set objectives, however, providers have the option of choosing five objectives from a list of ten. This Knowledgebase article will show you where and how to set those menu set objectives.
- Open Provider Registration (App Button -> Provider -> Provider Registration)
- Select the provider who needs to select the menu set objectives. Since each provider attests for Meaningful Use separately, each provider who wishes to pursue the incentive program will have to set their objectives individually within PracticeStudio.
- Once you have selected the appropriate provider, you will see a Meaningful Use tab above the provider’s name. Click on that tab.
- The next screen is the list of ALL objectives (both required and optional) that are used for meaningful use. The first section of objectives is the Core Objectives and should be greyed out since they are required.
If you scroll down, the next section you will get to is the first of two sets of the Menu Set Objectives. This first set of eight objectives requires a provider to choose four objectives that he/she will use to report meaningful use on.
The second set of Menu Set Objectives has two choices, of which the provider must choose one.
- Once the provider has chosen the Menu Set Objectives that he/she wishes to use for meaningful use, they need to save their changes. Once changes are saved, your Menu Set Objectives will be officially set.