Author: Greg Moss
In PracticeStudio, Auto-Codes can be used to automatically attach modifiers to CPT codes (among other things.) To do this:
- Open Charge Code Setup (Application Button -> Setup -> Codes Setup -> Charge Codes Setup)
- Click Add a Charge Code
- Type in the details for the new code
- Code - In my example, I am adding a "GA" modifier to code "99212". As such, I will name my new Auto-Code "99212-GA" to make it easy to remember.
- Code Type - Set the Code Type to Auto-Code
- Description - Type the desired Description
- Add - Click the Add Button under Charge Codes
- CPT - Type the (real) CPT code that you want to join to a modifier
- Modifier - Under CPT Modifiers pull down and select the desired modifer
- Click OK
- Save the new charge code
Your new Auto-Code is now created and can be used from within Transaction Posting by typing "99212-GA" into the code field where you would normally enter the CPT code.
- How do I add a CPT modifier to Fee Slip Posting?
- How do I add a charge codes (including auto-codes) to a chart list?
- How do I add Modifiers to a Chart CPT list?